There are plenty of toys from different manufacturers available in the market. One may offers great toys for motor development skills, stimulates the children’s brain etc. We as parents always look for the best, which is beneficial for our children’s developments and most importantly is their safety while playing with the toys.
Some tips to ensure safety:-
1) When we first buy the toys, to ensure that it is as per the age recommendation by the supplier on the box. For instance, toys such as blocks or Lego may not be suitable for children below the age of 3 due to choking danger. As most of us well understood, children under this age category tend to put everything insides their mouth. Thus, toys with small parts are definitely a no-no for them.
2) Immediately discard the plastic items and all packing materials when buying new toys.
3) Avoid buying toys with sharp edges or that is easily broken. Toys with long cords or strings also need to be avoided, which may lead to strangulations
4) Check for any damages or broken parts of the toys regularly. Immediate throw away any broken & worn-out parts immediately.
5) When playing bicycle, tricycle outdoors, always be sure that they are being monitored by us their parents and use helmets or knee-guard
6) Teach our children to put away their toys that may lead them to tripping or fall over the toys
7) For those who have elder children, always teach them to put away their own toys from their younger siblings especially those with small parts and not recommended for younger age.
8) Always ensure that our children play in a safe environment either in the playground or large area, and away from stairs and water area
9) Last but not least, be sure that all toys are clean! Do wash them as per the instructions at the box.
Have fun in making your children’s toys safety!